Scott County Kentucky
Covering a total area of 740 square kilometers, with 1.3% of which being water Scott County Kentucky is a county in the State of Kentucky. The county has its administrative center in Georgetown with an estimated population of 54,873 as per 2017 statistics, reflecting a density of 64 people per square kilometer.
In the year 1774, Kentucky was explored by John McClelland but was abandoned soon after, due to the hostility facing the region from Native Indians. In 1792, The Scott County Kentucky was officially formed and named after a war hero, Charles Scott, who had led the county’s Militia in 1791, and acted as the first Governor between the years 1808 and 1812. The cities and towns in Scott County include Corinth, Georgetown, Sadieville, Stamping and Ground.
Neighboring counties include Grant County to the north, Harrison county to the North East, Bourbon County to the East, Fayette County to the South East, Woodford County to the southwest, Franklin County to the west and Owen County to the northwest.
The county is home to a number of big businesses, such as Seagate Technology, a leading storage solution company. Among the notable people of the County include Daniel Cook, Illinois first Attorney General; politician J. Campbell Cantrill; Basil Duke, a Confederate General who participated in Morgan’s Raid; William H. Hatch, a U.S. Representative from Missouri and Edith Summers Kelley, a Canadian author.
Yuko-En on the Elkhorn – This friendship symbol between Kentucky & Japan features an old-school gate, koi pond & rock garden. Among the county’s landmarks is the Pea Ridge, Standing Stone Monument, James White’s Fort and the Historic Rugby.
Royal Spring Park – Royal Spring Park is the site of a large spring in Georgetown, Kentucky that since the earliest settlements in the area has provided water for the area. In addition to the spring, the park has a log cabin built by a former slave, Milton Leach.
Ward Hall – Ward Hall is a Greek Revival antebellum plantation mansion located in Georgetown, Kentucky. The main house covers 12,000 square feet, with 27-foot high Corinthian fluted columns.