Raccoon Removal Kirksville, KY
Humane Removal of Raccoons In The Attic
Kirksville Raccoon Removal and Control Company
Are you looking for raccoon removal services in Kirksville, Kentucky? Owned and operated by Steven Johnson, Wildlife Removal Pros is a licensed and certified company. Steven Johnson is not only licensed and insured, but also has taken additional certifications beyond what is required to be proficient in advanced methods for animal proofing, ridge vent exclusion with Ridge-Guard, Bird Barrier Systems and much more. If you are facing an issue, call today to have your questions addressed and to have an appointment set up for an inspection and a quote for services.
Are there raccoons in your attic? If you have a nuisance wildlife problem, our local Kirksville, KY raccoon removal experts can provide professional help with raccoon control and removal in Kirksville. Pest animals like raccoons are part of the vast Kentucky wildlife that can cause severe damage that requires costly damage repairs and the wild animals can leave parasites and disease-ridden waste in your home. By gnawing through cables in difficult to reach places, Raccoons can cause serious destruction to the electrical system in your home. This is not only expensive for damage repairs but it also greatly increases your risk of a house fire.
In addition to electrical damage repairs, raccoons in your home can cause extensive damage to your walls, duct-work, as well as other parts of your central KY property. Perhaps the most unappealing aspect of a raccoon infestation is the effects of an accumulation of animal waste in your home. The animal waste from raccoons can carry germs and diseases that can be harmful to you and your loved ones. It can also cause unwanted odors to linger in your home. And then there is the problem of noise. Raccoons in the attic can mean incessant pitter-patter of animals moving across the floors above you which can be irritating in itself.
Raccoon Exclusion Process
- Home inspection to find evidence such as raccoon droppings, as well as torn open entry points.
- Humane raccoon traps set in select places to catch the raccoons as fast as possible.
- Once the raccoons are trapped and removed, their entry points and vulnerable areas are sealed with raccoon proof materials.
- When needed, animal repair (attic insulation restoration) and cleanup of dropping can be provided once the home is animal proofed.
What Do Raccoons Sound Like?
Baby Raccoon Crying
Adult Raccoon Sounds
Signs Of A Raccoon Infestation
Raccoons in the attic are most frequently identified by these obvious signs:
- Sounds: Listen for walking or gnawing sounds, as well as growling or moaning noises. Because they are nocturnal, raccoons are most frequently heard at night.
- Nesting evidence: Building a nest, particularly in your attic insulation, can be a noisy and destructive operation. Nesting can completely crush your attic’s insulation, vent ducts, beams, and other components.
- Entry Points: Raccoons entering and exiting your attic are indicated by structural damage, such as holes in the roof, attic fans, soffit panels and fascia of your home.
- Feces and Urine: Raccoon droppings, which can be dangerous to your health, can create stains on your ceiling and even weaken your drywall. Often you will see piles on your roof, many times in a single area called a latrine.
- Odors: Bad odors could indicate that a raccoon has died in your attic or wall. To avoid putting your health at risk, call a professional right away for carcass extraction if this happens.
Description of Raccoons
Raccoons refer to being nocturnal pest animals found in North America. Apart from the native northern US raccoon which can be found among the Kentucky wildlife, there are other six existing species, with most of them living on the tropical islands. The small but clever mammals are well known for being swift runners, capable swimmers and strong climbers.
Kirksville Raccoon Removal Experts
These furry little Kirksville animals have dense, grayish-brown fur with black & white markings around their eyes- which looks like a bandit-mask, and their tails feature a series of distinctive black rings. If you can come into close contact with nuisance animals amidst the Kirksville raccoon trapping, you’ll be able to see that they have short ears, black eyes, small black noses, short & narrow snouts, and back legs that are a bit longer than the front legs.
Local raccoon removal company
Animal pros have noted that raccoons prefer living in woodland areas with water sources, but they are highly adaptable wild animals that can survive in different environments. They are mostly found in streams, lakes, slow-moving rivers, wetland areas and forests, where they nest in rock crevices, tree cavities, underground burrows and the abandoned dens of muskrats & other animals. Diet Being omnivorous and opportunistic pest animals, raccoons are among the the types of Kirksville wildlife that eat just about anything that the animal captures . Their common food supplies include aquatic invertebrates like crayfish, clams, snails, turtles, eggs, etc, and plant-based foods such as fruits, acorns, nuts, vegetables, and corn. Overall, Kirksville raccoons will eat whatever the animal captures and scavenges from carrion & trash piles, and that’s why they eagerly take advantage of unsecured garbage cans, vegetable gardens, pet food left outside, bird feeders, etc.
Nuisances Kirksville raccoon removal are among the rare types of wildlife animals that are intelligent problem solvers, and with their nimble hands, they are capable of doing many things such as opening latches, climbing, swimming, running at high speeds of over 10 miles per hours and even turning door knobs. Overall, these smart county animals have opportunistic scavenging habits, which make them a real nuisance wildlife when they come into close contact with humans and wildlife. People often request Kirksville animal removal once they realize that the animal makes messes of bird feeders, trash bins & garbage cans, and destroys home gardens by breaking vegetable plants, stripping fruits, digging watermelon plants & scooping the fruits with their paws, etc. When raccoons decide to den in your crawl space or attic, they can cause significant property damage. The wildlife in Kirksville Kentucky animal often results in needed attic restoration.